To ensure your flowers remain beautiful for as long as possible we recommend the following tips:
- Our flowers are packed with a small amount of water around the stems to keep them hydrated for a short time until they reach you. Please keep your flowers upright to prevent spills until you are ready to unwrap them. They will obviously thrive better once in a vase with fresh water, however they will be fine for a few hours in our packaging.
- If you would like to keep the flowers in the hessian wrap, please do so by all means. Just remove the plastic from the stems and pop the flowers back into the hessian and into a vase. However, the flowers will thrive better without the hessian as it may dilute the fresh water, so after a day or so we recommend removing it.
- When ready to place in a vase, prepare a nice clean vase with tepid water.
- Cut about 2cm from the bottom of the stems at a sharp angle and immediately place cut flowers into your vase.
- Position your vase out of direct sun and away from draughts. Some flowers are sensitive to ethylene which is found in cigarette smoke, exhaust fumes and fruit so keep flowers away from these too if you can.
- Re-cut stems every couple of days to help your flowers ‘drink’ more easily.
- Rinsing out your vase and adding clean, fresh water every couple of days can also help prolong the life of your flowers by prohibiting bacteria growth.
- Flower life can vary, so go ahead and remove any spent blooms as they fade to let your remaining flowers shine.